It all began in 1896 when young Teresa
Marzetti arrived in the United States from Florence, Italy, and started her small Italian restaurant in Columbus, Ohio. Marzetti's became a local favorite especially among The Ohio State University students, and grew to become a four-star restaurant and one of the finest dining experiences in the Midwest. Customers particulary enjoyed Teresa's
dressings, and were often seen leaving the restaurant with bottles of their freshly made favorites. By 1955, the dressings had become so renowned that the upstairs kitchen of the restaurant became a full-scale factory. Thus the Marzetti brand of salad dressings found its way into grocery stores. After Teresa
Marzetti's death in 1972, the restaurant closed forever, but her passion for quality still lives in Marzetti's many salad dressings.
To learn more about Teresa's
, please visit them at http://www.teresas.com